|The Satanic Savior|
In most countries around the world, among the many which are now being subjected to political de- stabilization by the British and their asset George Soros, the guiding hand and the financing of the British Foreign Office is hidden behind the facade of “democratic” opposition forces demanding regime change over local issues, diverting attention from the global financial collapse and the danger of world war sweeping across the globe. Not so in Malaysia, the former British colony, where a self-confessed agent of the economic and strategic policies of the new Brutish Empire, and its leading agents in the U.S. neoconservative and green-fascist movements, is openly declaring himself to be the new savior of Malaysia.
This satanic savior, well-financed after several years of lucrative positions in Washington and London neocon think tanks, universities, and cushy World Bank positions, has declared his intention to buy off (“persuade”) enough Members of Parliament to join his opposition coalition and take over the majority, making himself Prime Minister. He even won a byelection last month in Penang, making himself the official leader of the opposition in the Parliament. Meet Anwar Ibrahim, known to readers of EIR as a spokesman for:
1. George Soros: When Soros led the speculative assault on Malaysia and its neighbors in 1997, then Prime Minister Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, alone in Asia, stood up to the hedge funds, and the IMF and World Bank, by imposing currency controls against the speculators, thus saving his population from the devastation which crushed his neighbors in Asia. Anwar, who served as Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister to Dr. Mahathir at the time, had demanded that the speculators be given free rein, and imposed “IMF conditions without the IMF,” until Mahathir fired him and imposed currency controls. Anwar defended the speculators, admitting that he had circulated Soros’s papers to policymakers in Malaysia, and defended Soros when Mahathir called Soros a thief and a moron. Soros went on a tirade against Mahathir, threatening that “the country will be destroyed,” and insisting that Mahathir “needs to be removed from office.” Anwar led anarchist demonstrations against Mahathir, calling him corrupt and undemocratic.
2. Paul Wolfowitz: The arch-neocon, and a leading architect of the illegal and insane war on Iraq on behalf of Britain’s Tony Blair and Dick Cheney, has been an outspoken defender of his friend Anwar, providing numerous employment opportunities for him in the United States, when he was released from prison in 2004, after serving six years on corruption and sodomy charges. In 2005, when Wolfowitz was appointed to head the World Bank by George W. Bush, Anwar praised him as a man who “passionately believes in freedom, and understands the issues of poverty, environment degradation, living conditions and health issues which are very much a World Bank agenda.” At the World Bank, Wolfowitz set about cutting off funding for nations which refused to accept Anglo-American dictates, perhaps killing even more people than he had through his job at the U.S. Defense Department.
3. Al Gore: Even before his genocidal campaign to shut down Third World development under the war-cry of the fraudulent “global warming” hoax, Gore travelled to Malaysia in November 1998, two months after Dr. Mahathir took his stand against the IMF and the speculators, to speak at an APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) meeting. Anwar was leading violent mobs on the streets of Kuala Lumpur, while Gore, speaking before Prime Minister Mahathir and leaders from across Asia and the Pacific, praised the anarchists on the streets as “the brave people of Malaysia” demanding “reform”—which to Gore and Anwar meant following IMF conditionalities, and allowing unrestrained foreign control of the economy. Malaysian Trade Minister Rafidah Aziz called it “the most disgusting speech I’ve heard in my life,” while Mahathir said, “We should fry him.”
Now, let’s look at some of Anwar’s employment in the years after his release from prison, on his first sodomy charge in 2005-7:
1. Johns Hopkins School for Advanced International Studies (SAIS), where his pal Wolfowitz had previously been the dean.
2. Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.
3. St. Anthony’s College, Oxford, where he met often with Al Gore, who was running a hedge fund in London, profitting from the fraudulent “carbon swaps” created by the global warming hoax.
4. Consultant to the World Bank, hired by Bank Director Paul Wolfowitz.
5. AccountAbility, London, Honorary President.
6. International Crisis Group, a leading Soros-financed NGO (Non-Government Organization).
7. Foundation for the Future, set up by Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz, to promote regime
change in Southwest Asia. Anwar allowed Wolfowitz to put his girlfriend on the Foundation’s payroll, a bit of corruption which ultimately cost Wolfowitz his job at the World Bank. As one Malaysian offical told this writer upon hearing of Anwar’s numerous positions in Washington and London: “Ah, so this is how they plan to finance Anwar’s subversion of Malaysia!”
Anwar makes no effort to hide his intention to stop industrial and infrastructural development in Malaysia, and throughout the developing sector generally. Immediately after being ousted in 1998, Anwar told the Asian Wall Street Journal that developing countries should stop “pointing a finger at speculators and put their houses in order first,” by ending their “ambitious plans for outlandish projects.” In response to a public question from this writer in 2005, Anwar defended his effort to impose IMF austerity and free-trade dictates on Malaysia, despite the fact that such policies subsequently destroyed the economies of Malaysia’s neighbors.
The IMF policies were “beneficial,” he said, in trying to stop the major infrastructure projects of the Mahathir government, especially the Bakun Dam in Sarawak, which were only meant to enrich Mahathir’s “cronies.” “Yes, the growth was robust,” he said, “the people escaped poverty—but that was all on the surface.
Underneath, there was corruption, no transparency, authoritarian leaders, and no free media.” He also told The Age of Australia that the 1997-98 IMF/hedge fund looting and destruction of the Southeast Asian economies was “a gale of creative destruction that shook the complacency of Asian societies and governments.” So why is this British imperial agent still tolerated in Malaysia? The world financial system is collapsing, with speculation driven hyperinflation driving up oil, raw materials, and food prices, beyond the control of any local government.
The current government in Malaysia, lead by Mahathir’s former deputy Abdullah Badawi, was at first unwilling to acknowledge that Malaysia would be crushed without taking emergency measures to protect against the impending crash. When fuel and food prices skyrocketed, popular discontent was aimed at the government, which allowed Anwar’s fascist diatribes to appeal to an angry population.
In the last few months, however, the Abdullah government has acknowledged the impact of the global crisis on his country, and adopted emergency measures to double food production, encouraged the first moves toward a serious nuclear power program, and coordinated with the other Southeast Asian countries on working with China and India on regional development projects and joint financial defense. These measures are necessary, but not adequate, to meet the crisis, but it is all too obvious what would happen if the British were to get their boy Anwar into power.